Responsibility For Each Other
Heidelberg Associates embrace social responsibility when it comes to the products we sell and the suppliers we represent:
- Alcohol beverages are meant for adult consumption – no one under 21 should drink
- Adults should drink responsibly – no drinking and driving or abuse of the product
Many beverage suppliers, as well as national trade associations and government agencies, provide materials to help parents, schools, colleges, retail establishments and event venues educate consumers about drinking responsibly.
Along with our beer, wine and spirits supplier partners, Heidelberg participates in a wide variety of programs such as free cab rides during the holidays, high school speakers, designated driver programs, retail server classes and more. We support all efforts to reduce illegal underage drinking, drunk driving and over-consumption.
You’ll see our motto often: Please drink responsibly.
Responsibility For The Environment
Heidelberg has a comprehensive company-wide GREEN initiative to help protect the environment, whether it’s in the warehouse, on a truck or in the office. Our GreenTeam volunteers lead the company in reducing energy costs as well as reducing our carbon footprint and waste that otherwise would make its way into local landfills.
- Warehouse and truck efficiencies: Motion-sensor lighting, voice-picking technology, truck routing optimization
- Warehouse and office materials that are recycled: Paper, wood, shrink-wrap, cardboard, metal, plastic, aluminum, glass, plastic, electronics, unsellable liquid
- Special efforts: Local offices often hold Electronics Days and “Shred it” Recycling Days for Associates and their families?
Heidelberg’s headquarters, located in Moraine just south of Dayton, was among the first to become a Certified-Green Business by the Dayton Regional Green collaborative representing businesses and government agencies in 12 southwest Ohio counties.
?Heidelberg Associates also give back to local communities by partnering with Keep Ohio Beautiful (KOB) and local affiliates of Keep America Beautiful and other groups to clean-up and green-up neighborhoods and Ohio waterways.